Cait over at Prayers Over the Kitchen Sink nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am so honored. Thank you so much!
I adore writing. I’ve always had some sort of writing going on. I started blogging back in 2006. I had a little blog called Healthy Misadventures, but I had even less of an idea of how to do it than I do now. I am learning and that is part of what I love about this whole blogging thing. It’s a community of learners and educators. People give of their knowledge and sometimes time to help other bloggers. Cait, I appreciate you and the connection we are sharing. Relationships are where lives change and improve.
Ten facts about me:
- I was adopted as a school-aged child. My grandparents (Yes, the famous Pop!) raised me. My mom passed away at a young age. My dad was too busy with his addictions to raise a kid. My grandparents stepped up and took me in. I am forever grateful to them for their love and support.
- I’m clumsy. Seriously. I broke my left hand in three places last year just by falling. This is why I am not hugely athletic.
- I LOVE my dogs. I have three dogs. A Pitbull, an Olde English Bulldogge, and a chihuahua. They have their own hashtag on Instagram. #roscopacoanddixie.
- I teach second grade at a wonderful STEM school. I’ve been there 11 years. This is my 13th year teaching.
- I’m from Atlanta. I went to high school and college in Fulton County, Georgia. Dave is also from Atlanta originally. He was more ITP.
- Northwest Georgia or NWGA has been my home since 2007.
- My default is panic and run. I’m working on my calm down and trot mode.
- I am a planner addict.
- I love getting away to the beach. There’s nothing like waking up at 3 am to drive to the beach to have oysters and come home. 🙂
- I am a Catholic Convert. I love our faith and what it has to offer the world.
11 Questions I would like you to answer (From Cait)
- What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want share with others? Your mistakes do not define you. Always move forward.
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why? My Pop. He’s battling pancreatic cancer. He’s been told he has 4 months to live. That was about 2.5 months ago. He is handling life and death with bravery, love, and compassion.
- How do you de-stress? A hot bubble bath.
- How would you describe your personal clothing style? Style…hmmm. I don’t really have a style. I do wear Lula Roe a lot. Maybe this is something I need to develop.
- What is on your bedside table right now? My medication and a tablet with my books. Also, a set of pens and perfume.
- What is your favorite on-the-go snack? Halos or Cuties!
- Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain. I am definitely more of an introvert who warms up with getting to know you. I like my alone and down time. I don’t do crowds really well. Yep, I’d say I’m an introvert.
- Describe a fun date you’ve been on! Dave and I got up at 3 am one Saturday morning and drove to the beach just to eat oysters. He’s fun like that. 🙂
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why? My mom. I miss her every day.
- Tell us about an item on your bucket list! More international travel.
- What do you like most about blogging? The connection with other humans on an authentic level.
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
- What moves your soul?
- Where do you have connection with others happen most?
- What does authenticity mean to you?
- Where is your favorite spot in the whole world?
- How do you self-care?
- What is your favorite type of pet?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Apple or Android?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- How did you get into this thing called blogging?
Anna B. at Yes, Little Hummingbird
Amber (My cousin!) at Bams the Baker
Jami at Young Wife’s Guide
Lindsey at Pounddropper
Michelle at Our Crafty Mom
For more detailed information about the Liebster Award, click here.